Sunday, January 17, 2010

Take the Old and Make it New



My love for design spills over into home decor. While I helping my cousin-in-law finish to redecorate his bedroom we found a gorgeous antique lamp in his house.

It reminded me of my gorgeous antique tea cup collection but the lamp wasn't quiet right. It was a bit funny looking with a high misplaced candleabra and its extra tall structure. I loved the components of the lamp so much I was determined to take apart the lamp. A quick call to grandpa and he told us how we could easily pop off the light socket and take all of the hardware pieces off the lamp.

We ended up with a gorgeous unique lamp (see attached final product poor quality picture) that added a soft touch to his modern industrial-style furniture pieces. Don't be so quick to chuck out the old and replace with new. You can re-design them to work with your home. I guess the saying "everything old is new again" is very true!




No comments:

Post a Comment