Thursday, March 12, 2009

I don't fit neatly into one category

I don't fit neatly into one category.   But who does?! 

I have had this blog domain for weeks now and I've been thinking about the best way to use a blog on melissabeth.com.    I have zillions of posts (and by zillions I mean 8) sitting in my draft file waiting to be posted.  But, I've been too scared to make the wrong blog category choice.    Those of you who know me well know I am sometimes slow when it comes to making a decision.

I've himmed and haaahed about whether my blog should be about fashion, style, only melissa beth designs topics, laptop bags, technology, bags in general, inspirational businesses and the list goes on and on...

But today I have made my choice.  As the sole writer of the blog (for now).   The blog will be about all of the above.    Everything that interests me, my likes and dislikes.    Ultimately, I think this is what will make my blog interesting.   I am not only interested in fashion or talking about my amazing Melissa Beth Designs products.

I love business, beauty products, bags and traveling.   I am a mild tv-aholic with a lot of thoughtful insight into the world of LOST and other amazing reality tv shows.    I am a young woman who started a business at the age of 23 and now, 5 years later, is faced with the challenges of growing a business in a sour economy.

Maybe I am about to commit blog-suicide, or maybe I am a blog genius and I just coined a new word.  But, I, much like my business Melissa Beth Designs, fit into many categories.   

My blog will offer insight into not only the coolest fashion finds and beauty products but also provide business and life lessons as I experience them.